Thursday, December 25, 2008

An Absolutely Delightful Holiday

I am writing this from the mountains of western Maryland where 32 family members and friends are staying at an 8-bedroom house called Absolute Delight (some of us are sleeping at a Comfort Inn down the street.) The scenery is beautiful and the fellowship is fun. The house is ample. Everyone is here except for one brother in Vienna; Son Number One and Daughter-in-Law Number One, who have to work and are saving vacation time for a trip to Korea, and Son Number Two and his Significant Other, who will be arriving tomorrow afternoon. I just went back upstairs to hear my brother the Humble Carpenter/Farmer/Philosopher explaining the basic ground rules on arguments to some of the hangers-on, i.e. that it's unfair to actually know something about what you are arguing.

The Wife and I started out at 6:30 a.m. yesterday and drove all day through sleet and rain, but we all made it safely. I made my famous French toast, my brother, The Trucker made eggs over hamburger, and my sister, The Sensible One, made a mixed fruit Gellate, for 30 people for brunch. Pictures to come.

2 comments:

Linda Wilson Bontrager said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I'm glad you and your family can get together and enjoy each other. It looks like you had a beautiful setting to enjoy visiting and being with each others during Christmas. I hope all of you have a great New Year.

Best regards always,
Linda

Lydia said...

Yay for happy family holiday pictures! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

While sorting at home I found a photo of you, wife, and son number one (when he was the only son) that hopefully the papa bear will scan and send to you. Very cute!