Sunday, April 06, 2008

JACK Report: It Will Leave the Enamel On Your Teeth

There's a nice article in today's Boston Globe about Helmut Lachenmann, the German composer who has championed the JACK Quartet, and JACK's performance in Boston on Friday night. The article quotes one eager listener as saying before the concert that he could stand anything that wouldn't take the enamel off his teeth. He wasn't so sure afterwards. The article erroneously has JACK based in Chicago. I don't know where that comes from. Two of its members are living in New York City; one is in Boston and one is in Lancaster, PA. Other than that, it's a very nice article.

JACK is performing in Philadelphia Monday night.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh noes! I missed JACK here in Beantown! I'll have to keep an eye out for them in the future!

Crockhead said...

Sorry, Lydia, I should have made sure you knew about it. One of them lives in Boston, so I'm sure they'll be back there a lot.

rdl said...

Oh Darn, me too. let us know when he's in Boston again.

rdl said...

oh any hope of a blog post on this latest Obama snafu?? I really can't believe this happened - like who's writing this stuff??